user

Shilpa

11 Jul 2022

phpmyadmin manual installation gives following error

PHP & Mysql

For my application I am trying to add phpmyadmin manually and linking it to apache2.4 server to run a wordpress installation.

Unfortunately, after updating my config.inc.php with latest user and password, it returns error as depicted above. Here is my file content

$cfg['blowfish_secret'] = '<my 32 char long secret phrase/key>'
/* Authentication type */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost:44055'; <----I am using custom port #44055 to access my phpmyadmin.
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['compress'] = false;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = false;
/* Rest of the file is as it is!*/ 

Did I miss anything? 

How do I login to phpmyadmin and setup wordpress installation?

Comments

Mohamed Atef

15 Jul 2022

githubgithubgithub

Have you solved this error?

Replies

Shilpa

15 Jul 2022

github

No, not yet! 

It still gives access denied using password yes error.

Mohamed Atef

15 Jul 2022

githubgithubgithub

Probably you should remove the users and create a new one using MYSQL commands or you can remove the server and re-install it 

Shilpa

15 Jul 2022

github

When I downloaded the PHPMyAdmin zip file from here Link it wasn't like MSI file to install with an executable file, it was copy-paste set up to put in a file and then configure the services for MySQL in windows.

How do I remove users without logging into the dashboard panel? Previously, I also worked on PHPMyAdmin 4-5 years back, it wasn't tough though!

Do you know simple steps or links to any article to install phpmyadmin? I tried many StackOverflow and other website approaches, but all of them are failing with above error itself!

Mohamed Atef

15 Jul 2022

githubgithubgithub

I never installed PHPMyAdmin manually with windows, I always recommend & prefer to download entire server software like WAMP or XAMP (WAMP is much better)

Shilpa

15 Jul 2022

github

Ya but xampp is taking 500+ MBs, My server is running out of memory, so I installed PHP (27 MB) for WordPress setup, Linked PHP path to Apache2.4(11 MB), and Phpmyadmin (45 MB). I wish somehow I make it work!

I am doing this workaround to run the things because I have 2GB RAM and 8GB ROM (Linux default software is taking around 1 GB). 

One of my clients isn't ready to pay more to buy more space on the server!

© 2024 Copyrights reserved for web-brackets.com