user

Tomm

12 Aug 2021

Cpanel to Webmin migration 503 error

Wordpress

Hi, web-brackets forum members! It's a pleasure to join your forum.

Here's my problem: I'm trying to migrate my hosting servers from shared hosting to VPS. I'm using WordPress and Cpanel. Here are the steps I took and what happened afterward:

1. I made a full account backup in my Cpanel.
  2. I created a new server on Virtualmin.
  3. I uploaded the backup and followed the steps in this guide
  4. Everything seemed to migrate with no errors, but when I try to preview my site I get the following error:
    Service Unavailable The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later. 503 Service Unavailable.

I have a guess what might have gone wrong - when I made the backup I had to enter my Cpanel credentials to Virtualmin when installing the backup. But I had forgotten my password to log in to Cpanel, so I reset it and set a new one (there was some kind of text about database passwords, but I accidentally closed the tab and missed what it said). So my guess is that maybe after changing the Cpanel password, I had to change the password in the backup files as well? 

Comments

Mohamed Atef

12 Aug 2021

githubgithubgithub

Hey, Tomm can you please share a screenshot from the 503 error?
or you can specify is this a server error or application error? 

Thanks in advance

Replies

Tomm

12 Aug 2021

Hi Mohamed, thank you for the quick response. Here is the screenshot

I'm not sure how to specify if it's a server or application error. 

Mohamed Atef

12 Aug 2021

githubgithubgithub

I believe that there is an issue in the migration file please use All in one wp migration

Tomm

12 Aug 2021

I've pointed the nameservers back to my old host.
Thank you very much for the advice, gonna fill you up on the process.

© 2024 Copyrights reserved for web-brackets.com