user image

Eslam Zedan
Published in : 2022-02-22

How to Remove the "manage databases" link from the login page?

Odoo

Hello,

I want to remove manage databases link from login page as shown in screen print page:

I was going to extend the view and edit it but I found this if condition:

<div t-if="not disable_footer">
  <t t-if="not disable_database_manager">
    <a href="/web/database/manager">Manage Databases</a>
  </t>
  <a href="https://www.odoo.com?utm_source=db&amp;utm_medium=auth" target="_blank">Powered by <span>Odoo</span></a>
</div>

so is there any easier way to remove the link

Comments

Yasen Sayed Date : 2022-02-22

Best answers

Best answers

Eslam Zedan Date : 2022-02-22

Thank you for your response,

but that's what I was saying in my question I was going to extend the view and edit it but I am looking for an easier way like something I change in my setting to make it work.

Yasen Sayed Date : 2022-02-22

Best answers

Best answers

The OpenERP files (server, addons, web) should never be edited. You should always prefer to do your modifications in a custom addon.

You can do this change by creating a custom addon and replacing the part of the UI you don't want.

Usual addons are installed on a database basis. Removing the Manage database link is global to an installation, so you'll need to start your server with the name of your module in the --load option.

./openerp-server --load=web,your_module

Your module should also be auto-installable, use the key auto_install in the __openerp__.py of your module:

'auto_install': True,

To remove the Manage database, you'll need to create a file static/src/xml/base.xml:

Then you need to load the file in __openerp__.py:

'qweb' : [
    "static/src/xml/base.xml",
],

You can edit the logo or other elements interface too. You can refer to the file addons/web/static/src/xml/base.xml in openerp-web to see the base templates.

The templates use the QWeb syntax: QWeb documentation

walid mahmoud Date : 2022-02-23

Best answers

Best answers

To remove "Manage databases" link you can add "list_db = False"  inside your Odoo config file (Generally present inside /etc/odoo.conf ).

Or if you are running Odoo through the command line then "-no-database-list" helps to achieve this part, you can use the below command to remove the "Manage Database" link

/opt/odoo/odoo-bin --no-database-list

Eslam Zedan Date : 2022-02-23

it works like a magic Thank you

Leave a comment

Join us

Join our community and get the chance to solve your code issues & share your opinion with us

Related posts

wkhtmltopdf failed error code -11 odoo
Publish date: 2022-02-27 | Comments: 0

Odoo

ODOO throw not allowed to access to my admin user
Publish date: 2022-03-01 | Comments: 0

Odoo